Grounded in Faith
Growing in Fellowship
Going in Freedom
FBC 2019: Cruciform
Welcome ...to the website of the First Baptist Church of Hartsville, Indiana. Thank you for visiting. You can discover who we are by clicking on the tab with those words. But let us say right up front: knowing who we are is very unimportant compared to knowing God by knowing Jesus Christ.
You can begin to get to know God through Jesus Christ by clicking here: Hope - Find It Here
Now, about our church: In addition to what you can learn about FBC Hartsville from exploring this site, please consider the following list of ten.
1. We are imperfect and therefore will fail you. Jesus will never fail you. We seek NOT to win you to us...but rather to Him (Matthew 11:28-30).
2. We gather at the dead-end of a street in a very small town. Both the street and the town are very insignificant on the grand scale of things (p.s. so is your street and your town). We'd like you to know of a greater city than the one in which we gather or the one in which you live (Hebrews 11:8-10).
3. We have a sign in front of our building to help people know who we are; however, we don't preach ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord, and ourselves your bondservants for Jesus' sake and our sign says that very thing.
4. We offer little in the way of physical comfort in the facility with which God has graciously blessed us. We have no desire to win you to any of the comforts of this world (James 4:4), but rather to the comfort of God in and through Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 1:3, 4).
5. We will resist the temptation to attempt to entertain you (or ourselves) in any way. We believe we are living in the final hour (1 John 2:18), and the times are just too serious to seek to be entertained (2 Timothy 3:1-9).
7. We do NOT believe that salvation is obtained simply by "making a decision" and "praying a prayer to accept Jesus." We believe, rather, that salvation is a super-natural work of God whereby He radically changes a person's very nature--giving them a new heart and a new spirit (Ezekiel 11:19, 20; Jeremiah 31:31-34; Psalm 51:10; John 3:3-8). This great work of God will result in repentance and belief in the Gospel (Mark 1:14, 15).
8. We will strive to teach your children and/or youth about God in all His glory. We won't work any harder to entertain them than we will to entertain you. We'll try to point them to Jesus (Matthew 19:14).
9. We offer few "programs." We believe the Bible is really God's Word. Our sermons are long, and are designed to magnify God's glory and exalt Jesus Christ. For several reasons, we tend to preach straight through books of the Bible. We believe the Word of God and the Gospel in particular is supernatural (Romans 1:16, 17) and will never fail (Isaiah 55:10, 11).
10. We believe that if God is drawing you to gather with us, you will come. So we try (imperfectly, of course) to lift up Jesus, for He has indicated that He will call and draw His people to Himself (John 10:27, 12:32).
At A Glance:
9:15 am Bible Study
10:30 am Worship
5:00 pm Evening Gathering
6:30 pm Prayer and Bible
|Missions & Ministries|